Who We Are
We are an international web development and design agency from The Netherlands with a branch office in Malaysia.
At Poet Farmer we care about the end-user and the goals of our clients. You won’t just push features, or make things for the sake of it. We do things differently, we do things with a purpose.
As a developer at Poet Farmer you make this happen! We are looking for people with a sense of ownership and a feel for quality code. It’s not all about what you can do today, but what you can do in 6 months. Read on, and apply!
What We Offer
As a Front-End Developer you won’t just join our team, you will make the team and you will have real influence in shaping how we do things and what we work on. Expect a productive environment, as much responsibility and freedom you can handle, and some truly interesting projects.
- Develop with and for WordPress, Expression Engine, Drupal and what ever great open-source platforms
- Work closely with team lead, web designers, back-end developers and product owner
- Opportunity to (temporarily) work abroad in The Netherlands and visit Europe
Desired Skill Set
You are required to have at least 1 year of work experience in relevant area of work (freelance work also counts as experience). However, promising young talents with a relevant university (BA or BSc) degree are encouraged to apply as well.
- Experience with responsive and adaptive web design
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks at diverse complexity levels, to meet deadlines, and to work well under pressure
- Ability to express yourself in English, and to ask for clarifications, discuss approaches and express your vision
- Knowing your way around Photoshop & Illustrator, and affinity with UI/UX preferred
- Preference: knowledge in Grunt/Gulp, Bootstrap, Js Framework like AngularJS, Backbone and EmberJS is a big plus, but can also be (self-)taught on the job, have been using or passing knowledge of GIT / Mercurial
Desired Personal Traits
We trust you write the cleanest, best-commented and well-working code, but there should be more in your work life than your field of expertise, how about these?
- You take charge in your field, and you teach and help others in the team to better understand your challenges and goals
- You appreciate the interaction between your work and the user, you can code from a usability point of view
- You are proactive in pushing the interaction and visual designers (both in The Netherlands and in Malaysia) to create the best work they can
We’re looking for someone who is smart and gets things done, with additional skills that broaden the team in unexpected ways.
How to Apply
Click on the button below or send your CV and portfolio to [email protected]. Links to your GitHub, Stack Overflow, Twitter and LinkedIn profiles, and any other references are greatly appreciated.