At Poet Farmer we care about the end-user and the goals of our clients. You won’t just push features, or make things for the sake of it. We do things differently, we always do things with a purpose. As a front-end developer at Poet Farmer you are the one making the interaction between the website or application and the intended target audience.
Are you passionate about front-end development and user centric design? Then it is not all about what you can do today, but what you can do in 6 months. Read on, and apply!
Skillset, at an ambition level
- Two – Three years of relevant working experience
- Eager to learn, on and off the job, you always keep up with the latest front-end trends
- Good clean code following the web standards, and a passion for usability
- Experience with responsive web design
- Experience with developing front-end for WordPress, and custom PHP platforms
- Experience in setting up modular themes from scratch and working with WordPress plugins such as Advanced Custom Fields and Gravity Forms
- Comfortable doing basic PHP, both for WordPress as well for integration with our Laravel projects
- Knowledge in Gulp, Webpack, Bootstrap, Js Framework like AngularJS / React JS is a big plus, but can be (self)-taught on the job
- Have been using or passing knowledge of GIT
- Knowing your way around Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and XD
- Comfortable to express yourself in English, ask for clarifications, discuss approach and express your vision
Your personal traits
We’re looking for someone who is smart and gets things done, with additional skills that broaden the team in unexpected ways. We trust you write the cleanest, best commented and well working code, but there should be more in your work life than your field of expertise, how about these?
- Take charge in your field, and you teach and help others in the team to better understand your challenges and goals
- Have tendencies to geek out, like to tinker with tech, are fascinated with creating awesome stuff for the web.
- Care about the end user, your team and the client;
- Don’t like to wear formal wear
- Able to communicate with our web designers in how to improve their design to make your code better.
We are also interested in
- What are you proud of, what is your biggest achievement?
- With what kind of tech do you play around with in your free time, what interests you?
- How do you approach a project? What tools do you use, what do you like that is provided for you to do your work?
- And what is your secret tactic in fighting for the most awesome-sauce result?
Send your CV to [email protected], along with your portfolio.
Links to your GitHub, Stack Overflow, Twitter and LinkedIn profiles, any other references is greatly appreciated as well.